Historian is a program to gather, analyze, and display CVS
history for an entire repository. The goal of Historian is to become a useful
tool to any developer wishing to visualize their source code repository history.
Historian will currently display the history of a CVS repository, but
eventually it will support subversion
Historian is useable, but there is still lots to do. Here are only a few of
- Improve performance. Historian is currently slow to parse the
results of the CVS client. In addition to the time required to parse it also
consumes lots of RAM in doing so.
- Collapsed time view. The branches are now drawn when the actually
- This assembly is written in C# using Visual Studio 2003 and is running under
Microsoft's .Net 1.1.
- All unit tests, and they will eventually be numerous, will be written and
run via NUnit.
- The main development script will be NAnt.
Visual Studio will still be required to build, but the higher level script